Monday 19 August 2013

Perfume Collection

Today is going to be a different kind of post to what I have done before on my blog, my collection of perfumes isn't too large, in fact in only have five perfumes but I thought it would be a good post and different to all the OOTDs I've posted recently.
The reason I don't have too many perfumes is because up until a few months ago I seemed to think that I could only use one perfume at a time, so I would never change my perfume until it ran out then I'd ask for/buy a completely different one and use that until it was empty, etc. I then thought about it and realised that actually, why haven't I been changing up my perfumes like a normal person? So I decided I would and now I use a different perfume each day and I can't wait to buy more to add even more of a choice!

Intimately Beckham - Victoria Beckham

The first perfume I have is Intimately Beckham by the gorgeous Victoria Beckham.
I got this perfume for Christmas 2011, which shows just how long it takes me to use up a perfume! It is a scent I'd never had before, the first 'mature' scent I had ever received. It is described as having 'vanilla' in it however, I don't think there is a trace of vanilla in it, instead I think it has a musky smell to it, smelling of roses and other flowers, however not sweet like my normal perfumes. I would say this scent is great for late teens/early twenties as it isn't a 'young' sweet smelling 'girly' perfume but its neither a really mature scent therefore it's just right for that in between age, it's not an expensive perfume however it lasts a moderate amount of time on the skin. The packaging is nice and clean, making it look glamorous yet chić.
I also have the mini version which my sister gave to me Christmas 2012, this is size is perfect for my handbag (although the shape is a little awkward) it means I can take a perfume out with me and not have to worry about it taking up too much space in my bag!

Christina Aguilera - Christina Aguilera

The next one I have is Christina Aguilera by Christina Aguilera.
I also received this Christmas 2011. The scent is very florally, but in a 'sexy' way which the packaging reflects, although saying that I would definitely say this perfume is best for teenagers. When I spray it, I genuinely see Christina Aguilera in Burlesque and just imagine this is the scent she would wear for it or that you'd smell in a sexy burlesque club.

The Beat - Burberry

Here I have The Beat by Burberry.
This is actually the scent of my childhood, my mum used to wear Burberry perfumes all the time, for this reason I only wear it at the weekends which is when I am at my dads, away from my mum. The smell is obviously mature, and at first when I got it I felt a little weird wearing it as mum wears it but I love it and it just reminds me of better times so I do wear it, the scent is a very musky wood with hints of musky flowers, ideal for women. The packaging is sleek, with Burberry's famous design, again showing how it is a mature scent.

Fame - Lady Gaga

Onto probably my favourite if I had to pick, Fame by Lady Gaga.
I recieved this as one of my main presents from my mum Christmas 2012, I wanted it for months before Christmas, when a topless guy who was promoting it in boots handed me a tester. I instantly fell in love and went in boots as often as I could to smell it and get some testers - cheeky I know. The scent is definitely sweet, which is probably why I love it so much as I'm a sweet kind of gal, infused with sweet flowers, just making heaven for your nose. I haven't done a very good job at describing this one as I honestly don't think words will do the perfume any favours, so I'd recommend going into boots and smelling this baby!
The packaging is amazing, the gold claw-like lid gives the effect of something clasping an egg, the egg being the luscious perfume, which I forgot to mention, is the first ever black perfume - it comes out clear. I'd say this scent is definitely aimed at teenagers/early twenties.

Paris - River Island

Lastly,we have my most recently bought perfume, Paris by River Island.
I've already done a review on this so I won't describe it too much, just click here to go to the post.
In brief, it reminds me a lot of The Beat by Burberry, having musky tones, but I think it is a little less mature and is most likely to be worn more by older teenagers. Like I mentioned in the post, the packaging reminds me a lot of Chance by Chanel bottles, which I think makes them look pricier than they are!

I hope you liked this post, like I said its different to any other posts I've done. It gives you a bit more of an insight to what I'm like. If you'd like to see any other collections of things be sure to comment and tell me!



2 comments:

  1. I had Christina Aguilera last year :) Its really nice from memory though I don't tend to re buy a perfume - I like to experiment! :) Though in saying that my collection is a lot smaller than yours! I only have 2 atm as I only tend to buy them when I can duty free when traveling - everything is so expensive here!! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very nice! Ah I'm actually the same, I'd much rather have completely different perfumes every time, the inky time I've ever had the same perfume more than once is the Intimately Beckham one.
      It is quite expensively! I've actually only ever once bought my own perfume embarrassingly, the rest are all gifts!

      Delete