Saturday 13 December 2014

12 Days Of Christmas | Christmas Cupcakes

This year I have decided to a little lead up to Christmas and name it the '12 Days Of Christmas'.
I know traditionally the 12 Days Of Christmas is from the 25th of December to the 6th of January, however I thought I'd do the opposite and post a blog everyday for 12 days before Christmas.
My first post today is Christmas themed cupcakes.
Although very simple to make, I love baking cupcakes, especially on Sunday's when I don't really do much.

I decided to buy some Christmas cupcake cases, Christmas decorations and Christmas themed flavourings. 
These are just simple cupcakes with a very tiny twist of flavour. 
The cupcakes in green cases were peppermint flavoured with peppermint chocolate icing & differing decorations; a snowman, silver balls & sugar pieces.
The red cases with just stars on them (far right) had caramel flavouring within the cupcake, with caramel icing - these were my favourite. Can't beat a bit of caramel!
Lastly, the other cupcakes were just simple vanilla cupcakes with both vanilla icing and chocolate icing.
If you'd like to recreate these, I'll leave the recipe below.












  • 110g/4oz butter or margarine, softened at room temperature
  • 110g/4oz caster sugar
  • 2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 110g/4oz self-raising flour
  • 1-2 tbsp milk

I hope you enjoyed this post & are looking forward to the rest of my '12 Days Of Christmas' posts.
If you want to see what I'm up to in the lead up to Christmas, be sure to follow both my Instagram and Twitter.



Choies-The latest street fashion

No comments:

Post a Comment