Wednesday 31 July 2013

Day out: Cambridge City

So this post won't be like my other posts,  - beauty/fashion related - instead I'll be showing you some pictures I took whilst in the gorgeous Cambridge, which I'm telling you, one day I WILL live there.
I took these about 3 weeks ago now, my dad, little brother & sister and I travelled down for two reasons: to get my brothers MacBook fixed - the silly boy spilt water on it - and to buy my gorgeous iPad with Retina display in preparation for sixth form in September (I managed to convince my dad to buy it for me early and so a HUGE thank you goes to him!!!).

Anyway, after we got those two things out of the way, we went for a walk around Cambridge city as it is such a beautiful place and just provides the most perfect opportunities for beautiful photos (hence me taking my canon).

There is always loads of bikes in Cambridge, so pretty!




More bikes!


I really loved the look of this ice cream stall for some reason

How cute are the little daisies on this gate?
This day was extremely hot and sunny - I thought it would be a good idea not to put any sun cream on and ended up with a well deserved sunburn although that has now turned into a tan so what can I complain? - and whilst walking along a bridge we saw people were punting (think Italy with a romantic couple and someone pushing their boat standing at the back), we decided to walk down and have a look at how much it was and after hearing how reasonable it was we hopped right in the queue and waited for our turn on the punt.









Five minutes of waiting and we were walked onto our punt, joined by eight other people and our lovely tour guide/punt pusher. We got lucky with our tour guide as he was so interested in Cambridge and its history and it seemed like to him doing this was more of something for fun than a job which made it so much more enjoyable for us - and he was very attractive - so thank you to that man! 
Anyway, the punt lasted fourty-five minutes, meaning I had a huge amount of time to get some gorgeous snaps of the lovely scenery of Cambridge, as well as getting a good history lesson on all the different buildings and gardens - good thing I'm a keeno for history, miss GCSE and A-level history student over here. 


Little Brother, sister & I


How amazing does this ivy covered building look?




Said to be one of the most famous photo taking place in Cambridge







Underneath my favourite of all trees: a weeping willow


Is it weird I find these cute?


In real life this house was more of a light blue and Oh My! I want to live in it so bad! Ah.. a girl can dream

Finally back to where we begun...


After the punt ride we walked back to the shopping centre (Grand Arcade) and had a look through the market which had some amazing things you just could never think of, for example, these amazing wooden figurines powered by a battery pack making them so much more interesting than a normal wooden figurine, you can see the amazing amount of detail that went into them.
We then went to get some ice cream and decided our day was done so ventured back to the car.

I hope you enjoyed this different style of post, I enjoyed writing something a little different and I think I'll do more posts in the future talking about days out :)
What do you think of this style of writing?



No comments:

Post a Comment