Monday 2 December 2013

REVIEW: Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation


Recently, about three weeks ago I was in need of a new foundation and randomly I picked up the Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation as it was the first foundation I saw and I thought, 'why not try it?'. 


On the packaging it says; 'lightweight shine control' which I would say is definitely true, it is a really lovely moussey texture which when it is applied to my face it feels really soft and blends really well with a mattifying finish. I picked up shade 103 True Ivory which I would say is almost exactly right for my skin. 
For the first week of using it I thought it was a really good quality foundation which gave great coverage and lasted throughout the day, however, two weeks later and my opinion has completely changed.
I started to notice that after applying the foundation and then my Rimmel Stay Matte Invisible Powder over the top (which I had done every time) there seemed to be a weird dry looking effect on my face, especially on the end of my nose. 


As the days went by I started to realise there were dry patches coming up under my eyes, my eyes have always been really sensitive so I didn't particularly think much if it but decided to use an eye cream to hopefully get rid of the dryness. 


Unfortunately, I then had an allergic reaction to the eye cream! Which caused my eyes to swell up horribly, going all red and itchy. Obviously I stopped using the cream and although I really shouldn't have I applied my make up as usual.
More misfortune came when my eyes continued to be puffy, itchy, red and dry - seriously uncomfortable and ugly. 
The dryness has now started to travel down my face and I've come to the conclusion that it is the foundation that is making my skin dry as it has gradually got dryer whilst I've been using it.

Personally I wouldn't repurchase this product however I believe it would be the ideal product for someone with skin which is not dry prone, probably greasy skin. 

As today is obviously Cyber Monday, Choies have THE MOST amazing deal!!
  • Up to 60% off
  • Free shipping worldwide
  • Attention: This deal only lasts ONE DAY (Cyber Monday)
Cyber Monday Sale up to 60% off at Choies





Play games to win prize at choies

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word your poor skin! I was really intrigued by this foundation and thought the squeezy packaging looked different to other high street foundations but after trying out a sample from a magazine it just didn't work with my skin. It felt so nice and smooth but didn't translate onto my face well unfortunately! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was so horrible!
      I done the same, I thought I liked it though when I tried it but then this happened!x

      Delete